ANCHOR BOAT SHOP WARRANTY STATEMENT
ANCHOR BOAT SHOP PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING LIMITED WARRANTY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF ALL THEIR NEW BOATS. THE WARRANTY COVERS USE UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS AND APPLICATIONS AND EXCLUDES COMMERCIAL AND COMPETITIVE APPLICATIONS. A BALANCE OF WARRANTY WILL BE EXTENDED TO FUTURE OWNERS, PROVIDED THAT THE ORIGINAL OWNER NOTIFIES ANGLER BOATS IN WRITING OF HIS ACTION AND THAT THE NEW OWNER, AFTER HAVING THE BOAT CHECKED AND A REPORT MADE TO ANCHOR BOAT SHOP BY AN AUTHORISED DEALER, GOES THROUGH THE REQUIRED REGISTRATION PROCESS WITH ANCHOR BOAT SHOP THIS WARRANTY IS ISSUED SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS.
FIVE YEAR STRUCTURAL LIMITED WARRANTY
Any structural defect in the hull ( the HULL being the under section as well as the top, which are permanently attached together ), in material and or workmanship, which is reported to ANCHOR BOAT SHOP, within the stipulated time frame from the date of purchase by the original owner, or
subsequent registered owner, will be repaired or replaced at the sole discretion of ANCHOR BOAT SHOP. A structural defect shall mean a defect that may either render the boat unsafe under normal use for which it was designed, or which may not be to acceptable standards that are consistent with ANCHOR BOAT SHOPS norm.
The warranty shall not apply to any product that has been damaged through accident, modified, salvaged or declared a total loss through damage or negligence. The following exclusions are also not covered by the warranty.
- Cost of transport to and from ANCHOR BOAT SHOP for any warranty work. This includes any recovery costs that may be involved.
- Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, improper rigging or fitting done by the owner or an unauthorized party.
- Damage resulting from overloading or over powering according to the specified maximums as shown on the ANCHOR BOAT SHOPS plaque or specification sheet.
- Equipment fitted by ANCHOR BOAT SHOP, the owner or an unauthorised party that carries it`s own manufacturers warranty. The warranty of such manufacturer shall apply.
- Windscreen breakage and deterioration. Deterioration of cosmetic gelcoat finishes, painted and epoxy coated surfaces which includes fading, chalking, crazing and discolouration, stress lines, stainless steel finishes and acrylic or plastic crazing and cracking.
- Failure by the owner to use and maintain the boat in a reasonable manner.
- Normal wear and tear and maintenance items are excluded from warranty coverage – these include, but are not limited to, batteries, bulbs, tyres, filters, bungs, trailer finishes, bearings, brakes, cables and wiring.
- Any ANCHOR BOAT SHOP BOAT that has been altered, added to or modified in any way, unless such changes have been authorized by ANCHOR BOAT SHOP
- Any fault, failure or defect arising from a previous repair by an unauthorized party.
- The use of a trailer other that the correct ANCHOR BOAT SHOP trailer for the boat model in question.
- Any representation or implication relating to speed, performance, handling characteristics, fuel consumption and range.
The remedy of repair or replacement of parts and or materials found to be defective in any way shall constitute the final and exclusive remedy against ANCHOR BOAT SHOP and no economic loss claim shall be entered into between the owner and ANCHOR BOAT SHOP resulting from product failure of any kind. ANCHOR BOAT SHOP reserves the right to use, refurbished, reconditioned or remanufactured parts in the warranty process. Such parts shall be comparable in
function, performance and quality to the original part and shall carry the warranty for the remaining warranty period. Under no circumstance shall the repair or replacement of parts exceed the fair market value of the boat at the time of the claim. Acceptance of any claim for repair or replacement by ANCHOR BOAT SHOP shall not be deemed to be
admission that the product is defective. All parts that are replaced become the property of ANCHOR BOAT SHOP
It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that the warranty registration is completed and lodged with ANCHOR BOAT SHOP within fourteen (14) days of the original date of purchase / delivery. Failure to register a warranty will invalidate any future claims. All warranty claims must be initiated by the owner as soon as a possible after a fault or defect is detected which may result in a warranty claim. Notice of intention to initiate a claim should include a description of the nature of the defect ( with photos where possible ), together with boat serial number, date of purchase and dealer from where the boat was purchased. ANCHOR BOAT SHOP will give written consent as well as advice on the remedial action that should be taken. No remedial work is authorised without the written consent of the ANCHOR BOAT SHOP factory. As with any purchase, the owner has a responsibility to take the necessary care and maintenance of his purchase,to ensure that they get the full benefit and pleasure from
the purchase. Please read all safety notices and abide by the rules of the authorities – it could make you boating experience much more pleasurable and safe, both for yourself and others.